I made a major blunder yesterday.
My dinner plan was to make a delicious white bean and pasta soup. After I began making the soup, I realized we did not have any bread in our house. If you are like me, you want some carbs with your soup. So, I was desperate.
In my frantic search of the cupboards, I found some flour tortillas. Desperate times call for desperation garlic bread.
Frugal Cost Analysis:
|Ingredient||Ingredient Cost||Units Required||Recipe Cost|
|Tortillas||$0.23 per tortilla||2 tortillas||$0.46|
|Onion Powder||$0.10 per teaspoon||1/4 teaspoon||$0.03|
|Garlic Powder||$0.10 per teaspoon||1/2 teaspoon||$0.05|
|Italian Seasoning||$0.16 per teaspoon||1/2 teaspoon||$0.08|
|Total cost for TWO servings:||$0.62|
|Total cost for ONE serving:||$0.31|
Desperation Garlic Bread
Quick and easy crunchy garlic tortilla strips ready in less than 10 minutes
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (+ a little more for the baking sheet)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- grated (shaker) Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with oil.
- Combine olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Brush or spread mixtures all over the top of both tortillas. (add more oil if it is hard to spread)
- Bake in oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese (if desired), cut into strips, and consume immediately.
Categories: Frugal Foodie