I love chocolate chip cookies, but generally don’t want to be tempted by dozens of cookies. So, I compromise with the following recipe. It makes 16 miniature chocolate chip cookies.
Small batch miniature chocolate chip cookies
Delicious miniature chocolate chip cookies to meet your craving without breaking your budget or diet!
- 1/2 cups + 1-2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons SOFTENED butter (1/2 stick)
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk (from a large egg)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet is our favorite)
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Use 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon of flour in the initial mixture. Add additional tablespoon of flour (if needed) when you add the flour to the butter and egg mixture.
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract to butter and mix together.
- Add egg yolk to butter mixture and beat.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat after each addition.
- The mixture will be relatively dry. Add chocolate chips and mix together with your hands.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and chill dough for 20 minutes.
- Use your hands to roll cookie dough into small balls (about 1 heaping tablespoon worth of dough) Note: The dough will be dry. Use your hands to squeeze the dough into balls.
- Place balls of cookie dough on a cookie sheet (spaced out as cookies will spread a bit)
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Categories: Frugal Foodie